All applications will be reviewed by both an Enrollment Specialist and the MSED Program Director.
Admission to the MSED programs are competitive and requires the following:
- A completed application with all official transcripts and documentation.
- Evidence of an earned a bachelor's degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher from an accredited institution of higher education. Applicants with a lower GPA may be considered for admission on a provisional basis based on professional experience and/or credentials. If admitted on a provisional basis, the student will be required to complete a specified number of credits with an overall GPA of 3.0 in order to continue in the program. Upon application to the program, a student's transcripts will also be evaluated for appropriate liberal arts and sciences and content core coursework required for certification by NYSED Section 52.21.
- A resume
- Two signed letters of reference from faculty/professionals attesting not only to the academic readiness of the applicant but also to his/her readiness to teach children.
- Proficient English literacy skills through coursework and an in-person writing sample taken the same day as the interview.
- Participation in a structured interview with the Program Director and/or program faculty.
- NYCDOE fingerprint clearance eligibility to work with children. The NYCDOE fingerprint clearance process begins immediately following notification of acceptance by the Program Director.
- Proof of Immunizations (New York State Public Health Law 2165 requires all students on or after January 1, 1957 to supply immunizations from Measles, Mumps and Rubella prior to registration.
- Application Fee of $45 (the non-refundable fee) which can be paid either by check, money order or on-line with a credit card via a secured server.
Applications can be made at any time. The College accepts students on a rolling admission basis for the three terms per year. Semesters begin: Fall - second week of September, Spring - second week of January, Summer - first week of May.
For application and/or admissions information please contact: Metropolitan College of New York Admissions Office (212) 343-1234