About the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Healthcare Systems Management
What is the BBA in Healthcare Systems Management?
The BBA in Healthcare Systems Management is a valuable bachelor's degree that combines an understanding of business operations with a particular emphasis on the management of technology and services in the healthcare industry. The curriculum includes business coursework related to accounting, economics, marketing, finance and human resources. Additional required coursework focuses directly on issues in both heath information technology and health services management. These subjects include medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, healthcare ethics, legal matters, healthcare management and billing, insurance and financial issues in the healthcare field.
How does MCNY connect real-world experience with classroom coursework?
Not only does this major combine the best of business knowledge with healthcare coursework, the curriculum also allows for each student to engage in a Constructive Action course each semester. This unique platform for learning is based on MCNY's Purpose Centered Education model. Each student not only learns classroom theory, but also receives practical, hands-on, experiential knowledge of the healthcare industry. Each semester the student will associate with an organization that provides healthcare services and will engage in a collaborative project. The Constructive Action class is the true bridge between learning and practice.
How marketable will I be after graduation?
Graduating with your BBA in Healthcare Systems Management not only leaves you with a bachelor's level business and healthcare management education, but a collaborative experience with health service providers, and potential for a professional certification also. Any graduate of this program will have the knowledge base to sit for:
- CPHIMS exam: CPHIMS is a professional certification program for healthcare information and management systems professionals. Graduates of this program who successfully complete the CPHIMS exam are designated Certified Professionals in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CPHIMS). Having this professional designation is another strengthening factor to cultivating a rewarding career.
- Healthcare Information Management (HIM) or Health Information Technology (HIT) certification exams:
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Certified Medical Administrative Specialist (CMAS)
- Certified Professional in Health Information Technology (CPHIT
- Certified Professional in Health Information Exchange (CPHIE)
- Electronic Health Record Specialist (EHRS).
This degree and your future are directly related.
There are so many paths that your career will take with a degree in Healthcare Systems Management. Possible job titles can be:
- Healthcare Administrator
- Medical Office Administrator
- Health Information Manager
- Health Project Manager
- Health Information Technology Manager
- Healthcare Security and Privacy Manager
- Health Information Data Administrator
- Health Data Resources Administrator
- Healthcare Quality Manager
- Healthcare Data Analyst
- Healthcare Finance Manager
- Healthcare Marketing Manager
- Healthcare Insurance Manager
- Healthcare Facilities Manager
Potential places of employment include:
- Healthcare organizations (hospitals, nursing homes, long-term care facilities, hospices, Physicians group practice, etc)
- Integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Long-term Care Facilities
- Home Health Centers
- Managed Care Facilities
- Diagnostic and Imaging Centers
- Medical Insurance Carriers
- Pharmaceutical Firms
- Health Information Technology (HIT) consulting and training firms
- Setup their own business or consultancy firm
How long will this program take to complete?
MCNY's accelerated structure allows you to complete this bachelor's degree in just two years and eight months! There are three equal-sized semesters per calendar year, which means that you graduate faster.